Video:3 minutes, points out 4 common causes of accelerated lint build-up and demonstrates how the device is installed. No Sound? Click Here for Transcript
LintAlert® Introductory Movie Transcript Click Here to Close Transcript
At this very moment, a hidden danger snakes through your walls. Every year across the US, this danger causes more than 15,000 fires in homes just like yours.
What is this hidden threat to the safety of your home? Surprisingly, it's the ordinary operation of your dryer's exhaust system. You see, the duct in your walls naturally accumulate lint at a rate that will eventually restrict airflow so much that your dryer can no longer vent properly.
Left unchecked, the possibility of lint blow back into the dryer's heating element could ignite a fire. There are several factors that contribute to and can accelerate this common fire hazard.
- Your duct run may be restrictive due to its length or its unusual path.
- In some parts of the country, birds and small animals build nests that block the exhaust.
- The hose behind your dryer may be crushed or kinked excessively.
- The termination at the exterior may have screen-like features allowing lint to build up.
When it comes to the safety of your home and family, you already have enough to worry about. Today, with LintAlert, you can get an important new monitoring device that will alleviate the fear of dryer venting problems and the fires they cause.
Proper dryer exhaust airflow plays a key role in safety while helping you maximize energy efficiency in your home. By monitoring the back pressure in the dryer’s exhaust duct, the LintAlert warns you of a significant blockage. Disguised as a simple nightlight and pass-through plug, the LintAlert reveals a soft blue illumination in standby mode. As lint builds up over time and restricts airflow, the light bar blockage indicator will progressively illuminate from green to yellow, then to red.
To install, simply follow these easy steps.
- Clean existing dryer duct to like-new condition.
- Insert SmartTap fitting in flex near dryer.
- Connect tubing between alarm module and SmartTap fitting.
- Move dryer into place and plug in LintAlert module.
- Clean dryer’s lint screen and start dryer.
- Press and hold button for six seconds to calibrate your clean duct pressure.
As a homeowner, there are few things more comforting than the confidence of knowing you have every safety device available to protect your home and family. Smoke, carbon monoxide and security alarms all contribute to your safety. Until now, there was no way to monitor the dryer’s risk of lint build up and the related danger it carries with it. Keep in mind that the LintAlert will provide notice when there’s a significant blockage in your dryer’s exhaust run. But it does not replace regular inspection and maintenance.
When debuted at the National Hardware Show in Las Vegas, the LintAlert took first place in new product world, first place in new product launch and won a retailers choice award.
The LintAlert: the first back pressure sensing device for the dryer.